There are many different reasons why you might want to change the name of your YouTube channel. It was a long and tedious process until now, but all that is a thing of the past. You can now quickly and easily change the name of your YouTube channel within your Google account without much hassle.
Here we will show you how to change your name on YouTube with just a few steps. You can follow these steps to change your name for your personal Google account.
The first thing you need to do is go to YouTube Studio once you log into your personal Google account. See arrows below to see where to go.
Now that you have logged into your Google account and you have clicked YouTube studio you will see the screen below.
Take a look at the left menu and you start there.
At the left menu, you’ll want to:
- 1st click Customization and then
- 2nd you will want to click Basic Info.
- 3rd you need to click pencil icon to edit your YouTube name.
After that, click publish, and you’re good to go.
Now let’s talk about how you change your YouTube channel name using a mobile device.
Open the YouTube app on your mobile device. You need to log into your Google account where your YouTube channel resides. You don’t have to use the YouTube mobile app to log in you can just search on Google and type in the search bar YouTube login to get to the login page.
It doesn’t matter if you’re using an Android or iPhone the process to change your YouTube channels name is the same.
Tap on your profile picture.
All you have to do is tap on your profile picture for this next step.
The next thing you do is tap your channel and then edit channel (see red arrow below).
Once you hit the edit channel you will see the channel settings as shown below. Click the pencil icon and you will then see the area where you can change your name.
Enter your new name.
Once you have updated your YouTube name then you click publish or ok. That’s it. You just changed your YouTube name using your mobile device.
Now let’s talk about why you might want to change your YouTube name.
Reasons for Changing the Name
- Maybe you want to take your YouTube channel in a different direction. It’s not unheard of for someone to want to change the direction of their channel page.
- You started your YouTube account about luxury items like mansions and expensive cars but now you want to focus on making money online. This might be a good reason to change your YouTube channel name.
You already know that your subscribers are into seeing how the rich live in luxury. Changing to making money online will be a big switch and you will probably lose subscribers.
- You might need to change your channel name because of trademark issues. You can’t have a YouTube channel name that is the same as a copyright-protected company or product. There are many reasons for this, but it could lead to problems if you don’t change your YouTube name.
If someone chooses to confront you for using the name of a company already existing, you could have a situation where your channel gets taken down, and you could get sued. That’s not fun. It’s for this reason that you might want to change your YouTube name.
- Maybe you need to change your channel name because it’s just not working out. The channel name you choose for your YouTube account is a crucial decision. You’ve got to make sure that the name you choose will work for your channel or brand.
New YouTube Channel Name Ideas
Here are some ideas on what you can name your channel.
- You can use your real name (example Bob Smith) as the name of your channel. It might not be too authentic, but some people use their real name for their YouTube channel because they feel that it establishes trust with their subscribers.
- If you’re creating a YouTube channel to talk about cooking or music, then it might be worth calling your channel something that makes that clear. Make sure to use all the appropriate tags so that people can easily find your channel when they search.
- If you want, you can use your business name as the name of your YouTube channel. It is highly recommended that you use the name of your business or company as a channel name. On YouTube, many channels use their business or company name, which is critical to branding. If you’re using your business name as the channel name, you need to ensure that your business consistently uses the same name as the channel name.
You can keep your channel’s name consistent by using the same name for all social media accounts and other places where you promote your company or content. This way, everyone knows what to search for when they want to find your company.
You should know that if you have a verified YouTube account, changing your name will make your account unverified
Many people like having a verified YouTube account, and they think it adds credibility to their videos. If you change the name of your account, it will no longer be verified. That means you’ll lose your badge and any prestige that went along with it.
If you have a verified account, you’re probably going to want to keep your channel’s name unless something drastic has happened and you’d like to change it.
As you can see, changing your YouTube channel name is not difficult.
It’s not hard to change your YouTube channel name for your Google account, and it doesn’t take very long to update the name. You just need to follow the steps above to update your video channel name.
If you ever wanted to change your YouTube channel’s name, you now know how to do it. It’s a good idea for every person who has a YouTube channel to make sure they have the right name when starting out. Even if you have a small number of subscribers, your channel name is essential.
People will immediately judge your content by the name that you choose. That’s why it’s essential to select your name wisely. The name you choose can quickly draw people in and make them want to watch your YouTube channel’s videos. You might be surprised at how much having a good name on your channel means to your subscribers.
For more tips and tricks using YouTube you can always check out our article.