What is a geofence?
A geofence is a virtual perimeter for a real-world geographic area. It is created by setting a radius around a chosen map coordinate, usually a GPS latitude and longitude value. Once a smartphone user enters or exits the designated area, the geofence, an activity, such as an alert or message can be triggered and sent to the users device. This offers a variety of possibilities to interact with a target group or monitor locations and their frequencies. Geofences are an easy way to monitor thousands of places of interest.
- Provide location-based content in the perimeters
- Engage with customers and visitors who enter your locations
- Add depth to your customer analytics with location data
- Personalize the user’s mobile experience based on his location
- Gain new insights into point-of-sale audiences
- Easy virtual set-up, no infrastructure costs
- No hardware infrastructures needed
- Easy to scale to thousands of places
- When targeting a large number of locations
- When mapping movement from outdoor to indoor
- Performance decreases in indoor environments
- It’s recommended to have at least 100m geofences
All proximity technologies on one intelligent platform
The Beaconinside Proximity DMP enables you to manage your proximity ecosystem.
On one platform you can gather, process and analyze data coming from various proximity technologies.
- Scale up to tens of thousands of locations
- Real-time alerts for enter and exit events
- Insightful and actionable visitor analytics
- Geoconquesting to monitor competitors’ locations
- Pre-defined geofence data sets
- Batch import and export of geofences