This is one of the most common questions nowadays and the short answer is: Yes, you can upload your MOV video files to YouTube. And fortunately, it is not rocket science.
With this guide, you can easily upload your MOV video files to YouTube.
Let us start by explaining a few simple steps that you can follow to upload your MOV videos to YouTube. We also give a few tips and tricks to facilitate the upload of MOV files to YouTube.
We also explain possible solutions for you to try if you cannot upload MOV to YouTube.
Lastly, we have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions that can assist you in the upload of MOV files to YouTube.
So, let’s get started!
Steps to Upload MOV Files to YouTube
Can’t compromise on YouTube video quality? MOV is the way to go. You can upload MOV files to YouTube in a few simple steps, as follows:
1) Go to YouTube
- Open the YouTube app and log into your account.
- Tap the “Upload” button at the top of the page.
- Before uploading the video, click on “Video Privacy Settings” and adjust your privacy settings.
2) Upload Video
- Choose the video you want to upload on YouTube from your mobile phone or PC. You can also import videos from Google Photos or create a slideshow.
- You can also directly create and upload your MOV file to YouTube.
- You can then edit the advanced settings and basic information or add a video description. You can also choose to notify your subscribers or even adjust your monetization settings.
3) Publish your MOV Video to YouTube
- Click on “Publish” to upload your video on YouTube. Your MOV video file is now available to the public. You can also choose to change your privacy settings to “Unlisted” or “Private”. Click “Done” to upload your video or “Share” to share your MOV video file privately.
- If you do not click on the “Publish” button, your MOV file is not available for the public to view. You can choose to publish your video at any time through your “Video Manager”
Tips to Facilitate MOV Files to YouTube Upload
Struggling to upload MOV video files to YouTube? Worry not! We have the best tips and tricks for you to facilitate MOV files to YouTube upload.
1) Convert MOV to YouTube Format
If your MOV video files are not encoded with video and audio codes supported by YouTube, then you can convert your MOV files to other video formats that YouTube support. One of the most used formats is the MP4 video format that you can convert your MOV to with the help of online video converters.
2) Compress MOV Video with High Quality before Uploading It to YouTube
If you cannot upload your MOV files to YouTube, then they are probably too large. You can solve size-related problems by using video compressors that compress your large video files to small video files without losing the quality.
Can’t Upload the MOV Video File to YouTube?
YouTube accepts .MOV, .WMV, .AVI, .MPEGPS, .MPEG4, .MP4, .FLV, WebM, HEVC (h265), 3GPP, ProRes, DNxHR, and CineForm, video formats only. As you can see, YouTube accepts MOV videos, then why can you not upload your MOV video files to YouTube?
Well, your MOV video file may be encoded with codecs that are not supported by YouTube, or your MOV video may be in HD or 4K resolutions that are often hard to upload on YouTube. Then, what can you do? Fret not! We have an easy solution for you.
You can use a video converter to transcode your MOV video file to another format that YouTube supports. Here is how you can do so:
- Choose a video converter. You can use one of the many free video converters available on the web.
- Upload your MOV file and choose the video format you want to transcode your MOV file to.
- Start the conversion.
Viola! Your MOV video file is ready to be uploaded on YouTube.
Q: Is MOV Good for YouTube?
Yes, MOV is good for YouTube. MOV video files are great if you do not want to compromise on quality. In fact, YouTube also recommends MOV as one of the best industry-standard file formats.
Q: Can Window Movie Maker Upload MOV to YouTube?
No, unfortunately not. Windows Movie Maker no longer supports uploading files to YouTube. In fact, Windows Movie Maker 2.6 does not even support the use of MOV file formats. You can only upload your videos manually to YouTube by saving them as MP4 video files on your device.
Q: How to Convert MOV to mp4 YouTube?
You can convert your MOV files to MP4 in a few simple steps as follows:
· Choose a video file converter and open it up
· Tap “Select Files”
· Choose the MOV files you want to convert into MP4
· Click “Open”
· Choose MP4 format
· Start the conversion process
· Download MP4 files to be uploaded on YouTube
Q: Can you Upload a MOV format to Instagram?
Yes, you can upload a MOV to Instagram. Here is how you can do so:
· Open Instagram on your device and log into your account.
· Click on the “+” icon at the bottom of your screen.
· This opens up your phone’s gallery.
· Choose the MOV video files on your phone.
· The chosen MOV files are ready to be uploaded on Instagram.
Q: What’s the best format to upload to YouTube?
To display your videos at the best possible quality, YouTube recommends MP4, MOV, and 264 h. file formats with a standard aspect ratio of 16:9.