One common issue with watching YouTube videos on your iPhone is that they will eventually stop playing. This can be frustrating if you’re trying to watch a particular video repeatedly.
Fortunately, there is a way to loop YouTube videos on your iPhone. By following the steps below, you can ensure that your video will play continuously without interruption.
How to Loop a YouTube Video on iPhone
YouTube allows a loop feature in the mobile app. It was compatible with iPad, iPhone, and Android. If you wish to loop a YouTube video on your iPhone, you can perform the following steps.
1. Open the YouTube app on your iPhone and navigate to the video you like to loop.
2. You can click the screen to show the three dots icon in the top-right corner. Then, click the three dots to open the video menu.
3. As you see the pop-up, choose Loop video. Remember that the loop option doesn’t appear in the pop-up if the ad before your video is playing. So, you should wait until the ad ends before you can loop the video on your iPhone.
If you want to turn off the loop option, you should repeat the process. You can loop playlists on your device by going to a video on the playlist you wish to set on loop. You can set the specific video to loop.
How to Loop YouTube Videos on iPhone by Creating a Playlist
Another method to loop your YouTube videos is to create a playlist with a video you want to play in a loop on your iPhone device. You can do this through the following.
1. Open the YouTube app on your iPhone. Then, you can search for a video you wish to loop on your device.
2. Then, click the 3-dot icon next to Video. Click Add to Playlist option that you will see in the slide-up menu. You can also do this on the video that is playing and click Add to Playlist button in the menu that you can find at the top region of the YouTube video.
3. Proceed to Create a new playlist option.
4. On the next screen, you can place a name for your new playlist and select if you want to make the playlist private or public. Next, click Done to save your Playlist.
5. After making your playlist, go back to YouTube’s home screen. Choose the Library option at the bottom right corner of the screen.
6. On the next screen, choose the playlist you’ve created and begin playing your playlist on the next screen.
7. As your playlist starts to play, click the down arrow (1) next to the name of your playlist and choose the Loop button (2).
The YouTube video you selected will play continuously in the loop on your iPhone. You can decide to stop the video, or you can also quit the YouTube app.
It may be a lengthy but effective way to loop your YouTube videos on your iPhone.
How to Loop Only a Specific Portion of a YouTube Video
There are three ways that you can loop a specific part of a YouTube video.
- The first way is to use the YouTube search bar. Type in the name of the video that you want to loop and then click on the search result. Once the video starts playing, press the “loop” button located in the bottom right corner of the video player.
- Next is the second way and this uses the URL of the video. Go to the YouTube website and find the video that you want to loop. Copy the URL of the video and then paste it into a new browser tab. Once the video starts playing, press the “loop” button located in the bottom right corner of the video player.
- A third way is to use a third-party website or extension. There are many websites and extensions that allow you to loop YouTube videos. For example, you can use Looper, LoopTube or TubeLooper. Simply go to one of these websites and search for the video that you want to loop. Once you find the video, press the “loop” button located in the bottom right corner of the video player.
By using one of these three methods, you can easily loop a specific part of a YouTube video.
1. Looper for YouTube
The extension is the best single looper to create a YouTube loop portion. You can use the extension through the following steps.
- Proceed to YouTube and choose the video you want to loop. You can add Looper for YouTube on your Chrome.
- Play your chosen YouTube video, and you will see a loop button under the main video pane.
- Click that button or use hotkey “P” to turn on the looper. The control panel will be opened on the right side of the screen where you can set the start and end points of the loop, change playback speed, or reverse the video.
- When you finish configuring, press “Done” or hit the “Esc” key to close the control panel.
Your chosen portion will be played in a loop endlessly. You can turn off the looper by clicking the same button or using hotkey “P” again.
2. Magic Actions for YouTube
It was an all-purpose toolkit to improve your watching experience. You can loop a part of the YouTube video through the following:
Go to Magic Actions for YouTube and install Magic Actions for YouTube on your Chrome.
Go to YouTube, and you will find a row of control buttons on the top page.
Tap the repeat button and play your video. Then, left-click the mouse at a specific point as the start time. You can right-click another point to mark it as end time.
You can make multiple loop parts in the time progress bar. The loop portions you created will automatically start.
3. Use Online YouTube Looper
You can use third-party online loopers for looping a specific portion of a YouTube video. You can go to https://looptube.io/ and paste the URL of the video you wish to loop in the search bar and select search.
The video will begin to play. Next, you can drag two sliders to set the portion you want to loop. Tap the left repeat button to start looping.
Loop Specific Part of YouTube Video in VLC
Looping a specific part of a YouTube video can be useful in a lot of situations. For example, if you’re trying to learn a dance routine or you want to analyze a particularly interesting section of a video, being able to loop it can save you a lot of time.
Unfortunately, YouTube doesn’t make it easy to do this. However, there is a workaround. By using the free VLC media player, you can easily loop any section of a YouTube video. Here’s how:
1. Play your chosen video in the VLC Media Player.
2. Tap View> Advanced Controls on the top menu bar, and you can see a row of advanced controls above the default control buttons. The button comes with the letter A and B presented in the icon is the loop button.
3. Next, you can drag the progress bar to locate the start point and tap the loop button. Choose the endpoint and tap the button again. The video can loop from point A to B continuously.
How to Loop a YouTube Video on the Mobile App
If you’re someone who likes to watch the same YouTube video on repeat, there’s good news- you can now loop YouTube videos on the mobile app! Looping a YouTube video is simple and only takes a few steps.
1. Proceed to the watch screen of a video.
2. Click More: in the video player.
3. Click Single Loop. The video will play repeatedly.
Looping a video on your iPhone can be a great way to stay entertained or informed while you’re on the go. And fortunately, it’s easy to do. With just a few taps, you can have your favorite video playing on repeat.
So, whether you’re looking to watch a funny cat video for the hundredth time or want to make sure you don’t miss a key piece of information in a tutorial, looping is the way to go. Thanks for checking out some of the tips we have on how to loop a YouTube video using an iPhone.