Podcasts, sometimes called radio on the internet, have become a great source of information and entertainment for people. You can find podcasts on almost any topic including comedy, fitness, health, business, entrepreneurship, news, and more.
If you have never listened to podcasts before and your interest in them is increasing now, you might be thinking ‘how to listen to podcasts.’ If that is the case, this article is certainly for you. Here, we have explained how to listen to podcasts on websites, iPhones, iPads, and Androids to help you make the right first step.
How to Listen to Podcasts on a Website
Follow these simple steps to listen to a podcast on a website.
- Step 1: Open a search browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc.
- Step 2: Type the website name that has podcasts in the search bar. Press enter.
- Step 3: Find your desired podcast. Open it and check if your device’s speaker is on or not. Press the ‘Play’ button to start the podcast.
How to Find Podcasts to Listen to on Directories
There are more than 2 million podcast shows and over 48 million episodes available on the internet. Therefore, finding the right podcast can be challenging if you are a beginner.
Open any directory like Spotify, Google Play Music, or Apple Podcasts on your device and start exploring it to find a podcast of your interest. Here are the two possible ways of discovering the right podcast on a directory.
Check selection of podcasts
Many podcast apps provide podcast suggestions. They categorize podcasts into different groups based on their topic, popularity, trend, and time of release. You can explore these categories to find a podcast according to your interest.
Use the search function
If you know a podcast show name or the hostname, you can use the search function to find the related podcast. You can also type the topic name in the search bar. For instance, if you need a good laugh, type ‘Comedy’ in the search bar. Several related podcasts will appear on the screen. Go through the list and select the podcast that interests you.
Top Podcast Directories
There are several podcast listening apps you can use to find podcasts. Popular examples of these apps are:
1. Apple Podcasts
As the name suggests, this app is available on Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It is a free app that allows you to play or download podcasts. You can skip back or forward a podcast to save time. You can even play a podcast in a faster mode.
2. Google Play Music
It is an Android built-in app that does almost everything that Apple Podcasts does. It is also available in a browser version that you can use on your computer when you don’t feel like using your phone.
It is a popular audio streaming app that many people use to play music. It added a podcast feature in 2015 to allow its users to listen to podcasts, too. Spotify displays only those podcasts with which this platform has a partnership.
Overcast is a user-friendly app that allows you to create podcast playlists. You can activate its notification option to get a notification every time your favorite show’s new episode is released. It offers many other options like speed control and voice boosting to create an easy and useful environment for users.
Listen to Podcasts on Other Gadgets
Listen on iPhone and iPad
iPhone or iPad users can follow this simple guide to listen to their favorite podcasts on these gadgets.
- Step 1: Open the built-in Podcast app.
- Step 2: Open the search page and type in the podcast name in the search bar. Tap the magnifying glass icon to start searching.
- Step 3: Tap on any podcast that you want to listen to. The podcast’s homepage will open.
- Step 4: Now, a list of episodes will appear on your gadget’s screen. Select any episode that you are interested in.
- Step 5: Subscribe to the podcast if you like it. This way, all the recent episodes will get downloaded to the library automatically.
Listen from Android Phone
Use this step-by-step guide to listen to a podcast via your Android phone.
- Step 1: Open Google Play Music or any other podcast app that you have on your phone.
- Step 2: Type in the name of a podcast or its host in the search bar. All the related podcasts will appear on the screen.
- Step 3: Choose your desired podcast.
- Step 4: Go to its homepage and select any podcast episode.
- Step 5: Subscribe to the channel to get a notification whenever a new episode is released.
Use Headsets to Listen to Podcasts
Improve your experience of podcasts by listening to them via headphones. Podcast headphones can help you prevent distracting background noises and have a fuller audio experience.
Best Headsets to Listen to Podcasts
1. In-Ear Triple Driver Headphones
These headphones produce clear and balanced audio with the help of a dynamic driver and two balanced armatures. It has three in-line buttons that you can use for multiple functions such as control volume, attend calls, and adjust a track.
2. Apple Airpods Pro
If you are an Apple fan, you should consider the Apple Airpods Pro. They may seem a bit pricey but their exceptional features make them worth trying. These AirPods produce high-quality audio. They have a noise cancellation feature that allows you to listen to a podcast tension-free in any environment.
3. Over-Ear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M20X
This pair of over-ear headphones offer great audio clarity for the price. They are originally designed for studio use but you can use them to listen to podcasts, too. Its ear cushions are very comfy due to which you can wear the headphones for hours without feeling stressed.
You can listen to podcasts on your PC, iPhone, iPad, and Android if you have a secure internet connection and a podcast app. You should try using a quality pair of headphones to enhance your podcast listening experience and enjoy the audio better.