Looking for a place to publish your podcasts? Fret not! We have the perfect podcast hosting platform for you: Libsyn – one of the most popular podcast hosting platforms. In this article, we explain how to use Libsyn for podcasting.
Read on to find out.
What is Libsyn?
Libsyn is a podcast hosting platform that helps you create, upload, publish, and schedule your podcasts across numerous platforms like Spotify, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, and more. It also helps members to create, manage, and monitor show descriptions, podcast types, ratings, etc.
The major features of Libsyn are:
- Publish your top-rated podcasts on multiple platforms
- Multiple premium monetization methods
- 24/7 customer service
- In-depth audience analytics
- Advance podcast hosting plans
- Custom apps for iOS and Android
How to upload a podcast to Libsyn
Libsyn is an easy-to-use podcast host with a user-friendly interface. Uploading a podcast to Libsyn is simple. Here is how you can upload your podcast to Libsyn:
1. Go to the home page, select the “Content” tab. Here, you can check previously published episodes.
2. Click on the dropdown menu. Select “Add New Episode”.
3. Select the button “Add Media File”. Here, only upload the finished audio file for the show.
4. Now, click on the tab “2. Details” at the top. Here, add the title and description of your show.
- Descriptions explain what your show is about. So, add a brief description to attract your target audience.
- Also, add keywords or tags for your show. Keywords or tags improve the reach of your podcast.
5. Click on “3. Artwork” tab to upload thumbnails for your podcast. This step is not compulsory to publish the show; however, thumbnails enhance the overall look of your podcast.
6. Now, click on “4. Scheduling” tab at the top and select the “Basic Release/Expiration” tab. Choose “Set New Release Date”, then choose the time and date you want to publish your podcast.
7. Voila! Your podcast is ready to be uploaded. Select the button “Publish” at the bottom. Your podcast is online now.
- Select the “Awaiting OC Approval/Schedule for Release” tab to check when your show will be ready.
Can you record a podcast on Libsyn?
No, you cannot record your podcast on Libsyn. You can use basic recording apps such as Audacity, Adobe Audition, Apple Logic Pro X, and more to record your show. You can also use these apps to edit your podcasts before exporting them on Libsyn.
How do you use Libsyn?
You can use Libsyn to upload your podcasts in 3 easy steps:
- Uploading & Publishing
Let’s see how Libsyn works:
Step #1 Create content for your show
Before you choose a podcast hosting platform, you need to create your podcasts. Record your show via a third-party app and export your episodes on Libsyn.
Step #2 Upload and publish your podcast
Go to Libsyn and publish your podcast. There are a few steps you need to perform to start publishing your podcast. These steps include:
- Sign up on Libsyn
- Configure the settings (such as title, description, thumbnail, etc.)
- Publish your podcast
Step #3 Distribute your podcast
There are thousands of apps and directories available for podcasts. A vast majority of these apps and directories pull from Apple Podcasts directly. Submitting your episodes on these apps and directories gets you on various platforms.
There are many other directories such as Radio.com, Spotify, Deezer, etc. as well. Select the one that suits your specific needs.
How do I publish on Apple Podcasts Libsyn?
When your podcast is listed in Apple Podcasts, you are exposed to a wide variety of audiences in countries worldwide. This is a huge opportunity for your podcast, so you do not want to take a risk here.
To get your podcast to appear in Apple Podcasts, you are required to upload it for approval on Apple via Apple Podcasts Connect.
To successfully do so, you require information from Libsyn. To do so, open two windows, one with your Libsyn account, and the other with Apple Podcast Connect. Sign in to Libsyn as well as Apple Podcast Connect.
Note that you also need Apple ID before you start the process. If you do not have Apple ID, create one first. To create your Apple ID, go to Create Your Apple ID page on Apple. Now, submit your podcast for approval.
Once you have submitted your podcast for approval, Apple reviews it. Your podcast can take 24 hours to one week to get approved. Once your podcast is approved, you will receive an email from Apple.
The directory listing of your podcast may take a little time for indexing. So, it may not be searchable; however, rest assured that your show is on iOS and Mac in Apple Podcasts.
Now, when you publish your podcast on your Libsyn account, it will appear automatically in Apple Podcasts.
What platforms does Libsyn use?
You can use Libsyn to grow your audience with a direct listing in Apple Podcasts and other hosting platforms such as Google Podcasts, Spotify, iTunes, Deezer, Pandora, Stitcher, and many more.
In this article, we have explained everything you need to know about podcasting on Libsyn. We hope you now know how to upload, publish, and distribute your podcast via Libsyn. Feel free to ask any questions!