Website builders have exploded in popularity because they allow you to create eye-catching websites without any knowledge of coding. You can easily put together a website from start to finish, just by clicking around until it looks the way that you want.
There are many different site builder options out there – some more suitable than others depending on what kind of look or functionality you’re going after with your website.
The question most people ask is which site builder should you use?
There are a lot of website builders on the market, but not all will work for what you want. We went through and reviewed these builders one by one so that you can pick the perfect site builder to suit your needs.
Webflow is a website builder that allows you to create your site with ease. There are many pre-made templates that save time and give it an attractive look without the need for any coding knowledge. It also has a drag and drop functionality, making adding content easy too!
The Webflow’s interface makes building websites easy for beginners as well as more advanced users thanks to its user-friendly features. The best features include things like predefined templates and dragging things around to add new content.
Here are the pros and cons of Webflow
- You don’t need to know how to code
- The drag and drop interface is easy to use
- You can add unlimited pages
- Ton of templates available
- Great for beginners and advances website builders
- It is not highly customizable
- You cannot build your site with an existing template
HubSpot Content Management System
HubSpot Content Management System is a website builder that evens the playing ground for small businesses by making it easy to customize websites. With their drag and drop interface, you can easily make your own professional site with minimal effort! Plus they have loads of plugins which means endless design possibilities.
Hubspot also makes sure all types of business owners are covered and not just online companies or e-commerce sites.
They understand how hard it is to run an offline brick-and-mortar store can be. There’s no need to worry about being left out in the cold because this platform has everything for offline businesses. You are set up to succeed, from planning calendars, down to event pages that are all available at your fingertips–no questions asked!
Here are a few pros and cons of using HubSpot Content Management System
- You can customize the website in real-time, meaning that you will never be restricted by what is available
- There are a lot of free themes available
- You can set up a CRM to manage all your contacts
- The ability to create multiple websites
- Not highly customizable
- It is higher priced and will need a lifelong subscription for a fully featured site
Wix is a website creator that has everything you need for an easy and fast site. They have over 20,000 templates to choose from so your design will be unique!
With Wix’s drag-and-drop interface it could not be easier to build anything from personal sites like blogs or portfolios all the way up to business websites with eCommerce sites.
It was built by developers who wanted everyone – even those without any coding skills – accessible in creating their own online presence on the web.
There’s also no limit on what you can do with this platform – if you want to build more pages or even make it into an e-commerce store.
WIX will be able to provide all those options and still look professional in the process. It’s worth noting as well that their templates are actually pretty good-looking. This means there should never be too much difficulty in finding one that matches the type of content that you’re trying to put out onto your page(s).
- Website design is done by dragging and dropping, no coding knowledge required
- Personalized domain name registration for a yearly fee of $14.99 (or less) per year
- Included analytics tools to help monitor your website traffic
- No limit on the number or size of file uploads; you can upload unlimited images and videos from within Wix sites
- There are a lot of free templates available
- You can pay per month if you don’t want to pay for an entire year
- It has an app which means that you can make changes from your phone
- It can be difficult to customize the website
- You may need a separate domain name if you want your own brand name
The Shopify interface is designed to be as intuitive and user-friendly as possible, even for non-tech savvy people. You can drag around the different elements of your website until they’re in just the right spot – no need to fiddle with code or anything like that!
Shopify is a powerful website builder for an e-commerce site. It has a drag and drop interface that easily adds products, categories, etc. You can choose from different templates, customize them if needed, or download apps that give extra functionality such as creating customized products.
If you decide to use Shopify then you will want to look at pricing. They offer three plans depending on what you want out of your site builder.
Each plan includes unlimited bandwidth pages which means you could have an almost infinite number if you wanted to!
There are also other things included in all plans such as SSL certificate protection, one-click abandoned cart email marketing, discounts for businesses, and more.
- Shopify is easy to use, no design skills required
- There are a lot of free templates available
- Cloud hosting is available
- You can sell products on your website with ease
- Not the cheapest site builder
- It doesn’t have the flexibility of WordPress or Wix.com when it comes to third party integrations and plugins
- Design limitations (if you want to make a custom design, this might not be the best option)
Weebly is the perfect website for anyone looking to create a custom site in minutes! They offer many templates and themes, so you can get started with your new project instantly.
The setup process takes just 5 short minutes of your time.
It’s also easy as pie to add content or customize colors and backgrounds on each page, even if this will be their first time building a website from scratch. The new user will have no problem getting it done thanks to Weebly’s user-friendly interface that walks them through every step along the way.
Weebly offers an easy drag-and-drop interface that makes it simple to edit text or add images on your site without knowing any HTML codes.
You can choose from many different templates to build out your site right away, but if you want something more custom designed, then they also offer premium themes as well.
In addition to providing basic hosting services (free), Weebly includes eCommerce functionality so you can start selling products online with their store module built-in.
- The interface is extremely easy to use drag and drop
- No need-to-know HTML
- It is affordable, and there is a free version available
- You can use it for free if you only want to create a page or two
- You can create a lot of different websites such as an ecommerce store or blog
- You may need to pay if you want to have a fully featured site
- They do not offer hosting packages
- Advanced users may find Weebly’s easy to use interface too limiting
PrestaShop is the perfect website builder for small business owners who do not want to spend a lot of time or money on building their site. With PrestaShop, you can build your whole site in just minutes and at an affordable price!
There are plenty of themes available so that you have great design options no matter which one suits your taste best. You also get advanced features if desired – but they are not necessary because there is nothing too fancy involved with this user-friendly software!
- PrestaShop has an intuitive interface that makes it easy to create your own online shop in minutes
- It is affordable and suitable for any type of business
- You can have a fully featured website easily
- Packed with over 100 themes, making PrestaShop the most customizable website builder out there
- You also get social media share buttons on each page
- PrestaShop can be a bit confusing for beginners
- It is not as intuitive as some other site builders; it can be difficult to get started
Duda is an affordable, easy-to-use website builder. It’s a good choice for those who want to build a simple site without paying too much for it.
There are plenty of pre-designed templates available on the Duda store and adding content has never been easier! This is an excellent option if you are new or looking for something different from your current web design platform – and with so many options at reasonable prices there’s no better time than now to make the change
- Build a simple site and save on cost
- Like many others they have pre-designed templates
- Adding content is easy please list all the pros for using Duda to build a website.
- Ecommerce store capabilities
- Social media integration with likes and shares widgets
- 24/365 customer service support
- It is not as intuitive as some other site builders it can be difficult to get started
- The design interface can be a little intimidating if you have not used this kind of site builder before
- Duda offers quite a lot of templates, but they are not as customizable or professional-looking as those found on Wix and SquareSpace
- There is no mobile app
Squarespace is a quick and easy way to design your own website. They have an appealing, professional look that makes them attractive for customers or potential clients.
It’s also very intuitive with many pre-designed templates available so you can make the site as unique as possible! With over 100 themes, there are plenty of designs to choose from while still maintaining some sense of orderliness through clean lines and clear fonts.
The Template Library offers more great choices after scrolling past pages filled with modern websites in all sorts of shapes and sizes – everything one could want without having too much clutter on their screen at once!
- It’s designed with beginners in mind. The intuitive controls and tools make it easy to create a website
- Drag and drop interface makes it easy to drag around elements on the page.
- Fully customizable templates make it easy for you to mix, match, or create your own from scratch. You can change fonts without any coding knowledge at all!
- Great customer service: As a paid user of Squarespace, you’ll have access to 24/seven live chat support which is great if you’re having trouble with their platform. If something goes wrong, they will be able to help fix the issue right away – usually in just a few minutes.
- All subscriptions come with unlimited phone consultations
- Finally, they are less customizable than other builders because of the lack of drag-and-drop options and prebuilt templates.
- You can’t get a physical copy of your website’s code
- Squarespace can be a bit expensive. The price for their platform starts at $12 per month, which might sound affordable, but it can quickly rack up if you need more than a basic site with no bells and whistles
- Squarespace also limits your website’s functionality: the only built in option to sell products on your page is through their ecommerce package that costs an additional $14 per month
Zyro is a website builder with an engaging user interface that allows you to build amazing sites without the need for any coding. It’s great for beginners and pros alike, who want to create stunning websites online without writing code themselves.
The Zyro theme store offers pre-designed themes in many different styles—easy enough for even non-pros like me! You can customize these easy templates by adding text, images, or links as desired.
There are also plenty of premade elements available: blog pages, portfolios, etc., all accessible via quick web browsing navigation on your dashboard panel at the top left corner of the screen (fun!).
There are so many options out there I am not sure what my site will be about just yet—the possibilities seem endless.
- You can create websites for any industry or purpose
- It allows you to build a website with just drag and drops. Drag and drop is much easier than having to code everything yourself, which takes time
- You can use the Zyro site builder for free or get access to more features with one of their plans. You get access to a library of pre-built elements: blog, portfolio, sales letter, or contact page
- You can easily customize the templates
- It can be difficult to find a template that fits your needs
- You can only add text, images, and links to your website
- If a company needs an ecommerce store for their business, Zyro is not the best option since it does not offer any templates specifically designed for selling products online
- You must pay for a monthly subscription
- It lacks a mobile app
Ucraft is a revolutionary platform that lets you create websites and interactive content. You can start with templates or build your own from scratch!
Whether it’s to showcase videos of your favorite music artists for the world to see, or if you’re looking to provide educational resources on psychology online – Ucraft has got you covered.
With over 100 different pre-made designs in any number of topics (from engineering tutorials for kids all the way up through university-level mathematics courses) there are plenty of options at one place without needing coding skills; just drag and drop away!
- The website builder is simple and intuitive to use
- There are many templates to choose from, so you can find something that you like
- You can easily add images or videos with just a click of the mouse
- It’s easy for technology novices to get started on building their site without any coding knowledge at all
- You can build a site for free or pay a small monthly fee for more features and templates
- Unlimited projects
- Ucraft is a bit more expensive than some of its competitors
- The support is not extremely helpful; you must go to the forum for support
- Ucraft is not as easy to use for beginners, because there are so many different options, and the interface can be hard to navigate
- There are a limited number of templates that you can choose from
- They do not allow users from all over the world on their platform right now
There are a lot of website builders out there, but the most important thing to remember is that you need one for your specific needs.
What kind of site do you want?
How often will it be updated or have new content added?
Know what you want to do with your site before using a web builder. We recommend if you are making an affiliate site then use WordPress to build a website. To learn more on how to build a WordPress website you can check out How to Start a Blog.
If you need a basic website for your brick-or-mortar business or sell some products for your brand then a website builder will work well for your business. Look at the review to see which builder will best fit your needs.
Q: When should I use a website builder and when should I use WordPress?
This is a difficult question to answer for the simple reason that there are many different use cases. It really depends on your specific needs as far as how much customization you are looking for and what type of content you will be publishing, not just in terms of blog posts but other types of media like videos too.
If it is important to have complete control over all aspects of your website without any limitations, then WordPress may be better suited than using a site builder.
However, if you don’t mind giving up some design flexibility or want something more hands-off so that you can focus on creating engaging content instead, then we recommend checking out one of the website builders listed on this page.
Q: Do I need hosting with a website builder?
Some website builders will include hosting with your package. If they do not provide hosting, then you will need to purchase it and we recommend Hostinger.
Q: What are the best features of any website builder?
This is entirely down to personal preference, but one thing many people seem to agree on is flexibility.
Q: How many pages can you build with a website builder?
A website builder is a great option if you are looking to create a website for your business, but they do not work well for building more complex websites. That is because these programs are designed with simplicity in mind. The best site builders come with plenty of templates and drag-and-drop functionality that make it easy to design an attractive website without much effort – even if you have no prior experience or skills in coding.
Wix only allows 100 pages and if you are building a large blog you will need 200 plus pages so a website builder would not be the best solution.